Friday, January 25, 2008

It's All Relative

This morning, I awoke to an outside temperature of 17 degrees! And so, as I dressed, I honestly debated whether or not it was too warm to wear a 100% wool sweater to work. But rationalized it that I wouldn't have to turn on my space heater, and I could always crack the window if I got too hot... as it would be close to 30 degrees for a high. And did I really need a coat, hat and gloves for my drive to work?
Let me put this in perspective... growing up in Texas, the internal conversation would have been, "Is it cold enough yet for the sweater? It is already down to 40 degrees... and I could always change at lunch if it just gets too warm. I'd really like to wear the sweater at some point this season." Oh, so sad...
So, the highlight is that it will be above freezing for 3 days this weekend... even into the 50s on Monday; and crashing back to the low 30s and into the 20s after that... then again, it is winter in the Midwest.
I've quickly realized that all of the coldness is 99% more tolerable when the sun is out.
2 more months till Spring... but who's counting?

No comments: