Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

So, it's that time of year. Thanksgiving! It really is one of my favorite holidays; although this year, I continually hear folks moan that it's been squished between Halloween and Christmas decorations... which is so true; and I struggle every year to give it space and reverance.
Last night, the community of Hastings joined together for a fourteen congregation Thanksgiving Service. It was a great chance to see the faces of other Christians in town; and to meet the clergy of the city that Steven has had the opportunity to work with for this great service.
Those that played well together last night were, in an ELCA term, the CCM congregations that we have partnered with in ministry. I sat with my aunt and uncle; and they were gracious to introduce me to their colleagues from the past and present... and I did see a few faces that I recognized on my own (small victory) and C and J were there from LCGS!
So... the week of Thanksgiving '08 will look a bit like this: Steven will commit another saint to the Church Triumphant this morning; then we will worship with our LCGS family tonight; and then hit the road for Cheyenne tomorrow to spend T'giving with my sister and one of our mutual dear friends; and a few cousins. We will return on Saturday, allowing Steven plenty of time to work on his Sunday (1st Sunday in Advent) sermon!
In the meantime, while he works today; I shall bake our menu items for the T'giving meal; as well as continue on getting goodies baked for the Christmas season!
A very safe and joyous Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: