Saturday, January 17, 2009

Manic January

So, Steven is wrapping up his time with the students and Professor from LSTC (www.rural-immersion.blogspot.com) and I have completed my first two weeks of rehearsals, which wrapped up with us running Scene 1 last night... (pretend it says Act 1, as the timeframe is virtually the same.) We celebrated with a group field trip to a local watering hole. I must tell you that it was rather odd... on several accounts... A: it was my first social night out without Steven to a Hastings establishment; and B: it was the first time I had been in the bar scene in YEARS. I was trying to recall, and honestly, it goes back to before we were married... It's not that I don't enjoy the company and stories; but the opportunities just haven't presented themselves for it, in years! So, the group consisted of the cast for Twilight and several of the crew members: producers, directors, etc. We had a good time. I hadn't really had the chance to get to know folks on a more personal 'off-stage' manner; and I think it helps with the jelling of the group.

Ok... bright light just went on. I just noticed the icon for inserting an image. Boy, am I a little slow... which means that I really think I'll go back and download pics into some of these stories. Oh C, sometimes you can be so dense!

Here's more news... the moving van from Texas will be arriving in Hildreth, on Friday... THIS FRIDAY!!! Can you beleive that it's actually time for P & S to arrive in Nebraska? Seems like we've been talking about this FOREVER! I'm so excited!!!

Well, godspeed to my new friends at LSTC... they will part from Nebraska tomorrow and return home to Chicago, to continue the journey.

No comments: