Friday, February 13, 2009

Perms...

Yes, go ahead and laugh now... b/c I'm not posting any pictures, so it's left up to your imagination. The last time I received a perm was in 1987, the start of my 8th grade year of middle school. Perms were in, as were the big bangs that you used your curling iron and a can of hairspray to achieve great height and success. And since 1988, I have had my straight, no frills, no bangs 'do. And it's suited me well. We've gotten along, we've gone shorter then longer, then some layering, then not some layering; but all in all... anyone that's ever met me could desribe my haircut to another person, and they'd know who I am.
Until today... so, my director asked that I get a body perm, to add some dimension to my hair. Because as we all know, I have very little body to my hair, especially in a no-humidity setting. I went to the hair salon, MG did her job; and I walked out looking like a poodle. I KNOW... 48 hours later when I'm able to wash it, it will tame, and over time, it will tame; and when I'm able to really style it, it will tame... but in the mean time... oh, and I was thrilled when the discussion of rehearsal being cancelled due to the 6 inches of snow; but NO, rehearsal's back on; and I'm going to have to face my stage family...
But again, the difference between a good hair cut and a bad one, is just 6 weeks! And my luck, with my fine and thin hair, this perm won't stick around for long... maybe I'll like it. Maybe I won't... but what's a little adventure, right? Especially if the bill isn't coming to you... oh, all in a days work for an actress, I suppose! :)
No pictures, please. If you must see the 'do, then you'll have to attend the production of "Twilight of the Golds" which opens 2 weeks from TONIGHT! (no stress, yet!)

No comments: