Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week In Review

Monday morning, I received an email from S... "Call me before I get to GI, J & J have news." Ok, that was enough for me to dial RIGHT AWAY! J & J P... S's seminary roommate and his wife were heading from Rochester, MN to Colorado/Utah for 10 or so days of vacation and a quick outdoor class for the wife... and I-80 was the only way from Point A to B... thus, they would be coming through... tentatively, at 1 a.m. on Wednesday; staying till 7 a.m. and then heading back to the open road.
They got in about 3:30 a.m., we chatted for a bit, then put them to sleep for a long nap and before shooing them west, we went to The Garden Cafe for breakfast. That was a first for all of us... delightful to see them, briefly catch up, show them our world (attempt to recruit them) and wish them well on their journey.
Somehow we made it through the workday, then were treated to a wonderful evening outdoors with friends CJKH & JH and other choir members for dinner, conversation and pure enjoyment of the outdoors... we had a few days of high 80s, so the weather was just perfect.
Then... the day wasn't over... I checked my facebook and discovered that I will be an Aunt! My step-brother S and his wife, A, are expecting the first grandchild in late 2009. We wish them a very safe pregnancy and wonderful parenting!
Our Memorial Day weekend will be slow, by choice; but relaxing... we're gearing up for a very busy June, with excitement every weekend!
Not much else to report... plants are growing, the sun is staying out later and later (to which we are very glad) and life continues to be good!

No comments: