Monday, August 25, 2008

Moving... Maybe Not so Bad

Ok, so I must preface this that my best friend and her family have just arrived in The Netherlands for at least two years. That required packing up a house, and a 5-year old and moving items into storage, a 10 x 10 crate to arrive (SOMETIME), and deciding what to do with everything else... sell the cars, etc.
So... that makes a move to a city only 2 1/2 hours away, NOT SO BAD! We can purge if we want, or don't want. We can pack at our leisure (relatively, until the packers arrive to clean up our chaos); and we can take everything with us, if we please... and not worry about converting to European outlets. Now, I suppose that moving overseas might delight the heck out of Steven, for the fact of trimming the fat on what we have... but I do trim with every move!
So far, I've sent a car load to Goodwill; and ton o'clothes to the Youth Garage Sale stash... and don't think I'm done... I know there's much more just waiting to be hauled off... one man's trash is another man's treasure!
The moving company guy arrived today. Process should go rather smoothly and painless. We have an easy pack: two appliances, no boats or other toys of the such; no children and the extreme amount of stuff they bring; no outdoor furniture... good news is that the packer ADVISED Steven to pack his books! (I'm not even going there on that subject... I'm staying out of his office and letting him tackle that project.)
The countdown begins... our calendars fill up... and the anxiety and excitement increase.
I finish at my office this week, allowing plenty of time to get cracking on the house!

No comments: