Monday, March 9, 2009

Post-Production a.k. Resume Normal Behavior

Twilight of the Golds has ended... with a standing ovation at the Sunday afternoon matinee... I think the other performances were just as amazing; but we typically leave the audience in shock or tears and I'm not sure they are ready to stand... quite yet.
Yesterday was the first day that I heard the sniffles in the audience; and on stage, for that matter... as the final monologue was wrapping up, tears welled up inside of me; and I tried to hold it in, long enough for the curtain call and return to the dressing room before losing it. I knew it would be the last time that moment would ever occur. You can get the same group of people together again; but the performance, the mood, the stage would never be the same. It reminded me of graduation from anything... You leave changed, but you can never return to that moment.
It is my sincere gratitude to EVERYONE who came to the performances, who prayed for S and I during the production, who considered how many lives were changed because of the production, or from the need of the script. This production allowed me the safe environment to meet amazing folks, involved with the production and patrons who told their story. I am ever grateful to them all.
To the Gold-Steins... thank you for taking the journey with me! Thank you for supporting my love of theatre, even though I may not be perfect and have my faults on and off stage... thank you for taking the leap of faith in becoming a person that we all can agree on, isn't quite who we'd want to be in real life... and for loving these people even with their faults!
To my family... thank you for your support, your concern over the subject matter and my safe ability to go through this transformation.
To LCGS... thank you for being supportive, for attending, prayers and for talking about how this play affects you and how we, as Christians, work together to balance science and God in this ever changing world.
And to S... for being my biggest fan!

No comments: