Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Catch Up

Although I'm not sure I can completely play catch-up; as I didn't realize it'd been so long since I last published a post... let me do a quick summary...
We've moved to Hastings. The move went incredibly smooth... no complaints from me, yet!
Day after the move occured, we flew to North Carolina for a week's vacation to see Steven's family. Got back, and reacclimated to our new world.
Mom, step-dad and sister have all gotten through town already... let's just say that we were glad to see them; but after five days of family, we shooed them off and returned to our version of normalcy.
Steven's dove right into work... we've been to church twice, two Ladies Circles for bible studies, numerous other meetings and even taken in the local high school football game...
the cat has adjusted... I'm getting my resume out to the locals and having fun meeting a million people.
I'm totally taking in the yoga that is offered at church twice a week... love the health benefits...
it's been cold and rainy the past week or so, not to mention the wind and the fall weather is quickly turning to rather brisk and chilly... trying to get out into the sunshine and exercise is a priority...
last night we made our 2nd largest purchase in marriage history: the washer and dryer. I'm totally stoked about them... we went with the Kenmore Duet Washer/Dryer. Top loader washer, without the center agitator and thus, 4.5 cubit feet of room... and only uses 18 gallons of water per load (compared to the conventional 40 gallons). And it holds a formerly typical three loads of laundry. The dryer's biggest selling point is the steam feature, which we deemed very necessary after Steven came home in his cleric from a home visit some months ago, and was smoky smelling... eek!
So... they will be delivered on our anniversary... happy anniversary to us!!!

No comments: