Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall/Winter

So... the first threat of snowfall came and went this week... we survived... received a blowing of it; but nothing that deemed worthy of calling all of the relatives in to see it.
Good news this week... have a job offer. Most likely will be taking it.. will report in, once it's official! Unemployment fortunately/unfortunately ended earlier than I imagined...
Had my first Pampered Chef party in Hastings... it went great... met a handful of great gals and utilized the new style of PC show, where you gather around and make the recipe together... allowing folks to try the tools in 'real' time. We made a divine orange/cranberry bread pudding. I must admit that I only had 3 nibbles of it... that catch-22 of having to watch the waist line while watching the wallet line!
Kim was an awesome host... and I found out about several other PC consultants in the near area... which is nice to know of, especially in times of needing catalogs at the last minute, or hunting for discontinued items that they may have in stock!
As it's a Friday, Steven and I are going to run separate errands this morning; and then take in the Hastings Museum this afternoon... the Kool-Aid museum, the Lied Planetarium and the IMAX.
This weekend is the opening for Arsenic and Old Lace at the Hastings Community Theater (hastingscommunitytheater.com); and we'll be there for the Saturday performance. Very excited to see the quality of community theater that is here... stay tuned for my debut on the stage in Hastings... it will come, I assure you!

No comments: