Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Still in the Effort of Not Saying No

Saturday night, we found ourselves with three other couples, enjoying dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant and then taking in the local Hastings Community Theater's production of "Arsenic and Old Lace."
It's on our continual quest to not say no to any invitation... and it's finding us in the most interesting settings that are partially far off our radar; and partially what we've always wanted in a town/living setting.
This week, I have begun to renovate my aunt and uncle's half-bath on the main floor of their home. Mostly, because I enjoy their company and lots because I just like projects and have plenty of time for these sorts... the Napoleon Bonaparte wallpaper has gone by the wayside; and the original red/white/blue paper is being scrapped off slowly... and in it's place, will be a delightful cream paint and below the chair rail will be a coffee brown. It's all in the effort to not make the existing sink and commode look more pink than they are; and to coordinate with the newer floor tile.
Book Club... another place that I found myself this morning, due to the mantra of not saying "no" to any invitation... I joined Linda for their twice monthly gathering of the Fortnightly Book Club, established 1932. She did inform me that it's not the oldest one in town... nor the only one. What a delightful group of women... who have a vast array of ages, pasts, presents and literary desires... that makes it all the better. Today's review, by Janell was of "North to the Night."

No comments: