Saturday, October 18, 2008

Learning and Trying New Things

So... I have committed myself to learning how to knit. My potential closest friend in town emailed me about taking a pumpkin class at the local knit shop: Imagiknit... so, I marched down there on Thursday; picked up the basic tools (knitting needles, yarn and "How to Knit") and came home rather satisfied at my adventure... I have committed myself to attending hte shop on Monday nights, when Karla, the owner; holds "How to Knit" classes... So there. I will learn something new. I will meet new people. I will put myself out there.
And then, Steven and I attended The Listening Room on Friday night. Fantastic musician named Leesha Harvey performed. Check her out on youtube.com; or at leeshaharvey.com. She's fairly local and rather good. It was a new experience for us... and we were not disappointed!
And, I'm going to learn how to bead... from Carla at Beads and Botanicals (beadsandbonicals.com); because, as she says, "Sometimes you just gotta bead." And she creative, and has great ideas that will become amazing Christmas presents!
So... we're getting out there... and meeting new people... have met another clergy family... Valpo grads and LCMS, but I think they might play well with others! And today, we recieved and invite from another clergy couple to come over this Friday and get acquainted with others around our same age!
Things are going well... I'm a bit scatter-brained to getting my chores done... need to tackle the bathroom... MUST tackle the bathroom!
New Washer and Dryer arrive in 11 days and counting. Happy 3rd Anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Kari said...

It is so strange how we can be so far apart and trying the same things. I guess that's what almost 30 years gets you!