Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Accepting the Role

I expect this to be the many of many blogs as I go through the timeline of becoming Suzanne Gold-Stein... a character in the play, "Twilight of the Golds"...
I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to be a lead in a play... it's something I've wanted my entire life... and at the same time, it's a struggle as this isn't exactly the 'happy-go-lucky' play that many envision as their first lead role.
Suzanne, a 30-something married Jewish woman is pregnant with her first child. Her husband has discovered that there is a genetic testing you can perform on an unborn child... this one, just so happens to test for the 'gay' gene... whether it really exists or not.
The test shows they have a high chance of having a gay child; and there ensues the familial struggle with the couple, her parents and her gay brother.
The question is, "Do they keep the child, or abort it?" There in lies the emotional struggle of this play... and whether or not I'm sane enough and stable enough to go through this journey with Suzanne.
The play will be performed the last weekend of February, first weekend of March at the Hastings COmmunity Theatre: www.hastingscommunitytheatre.com

Hope you can come and enjoy the show! Stay tuned to the blog for my journey with Suzanne Gold-Stein!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to hear how it all goes- I know you'll do great! Oh, and why on earth didn't I know you had a blog? :)