Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

So, it's 4:00 a.m. on Christmas; and I can already tell you that this Christmas will be one to remember. It all started on Tuesday; Steven's 31st birthday... we went out for Chinese the night before to celebrate the birthday; and came home... like any other date.
I awoke around 3:00 a.m. on the 23rd, not feeling well... made myself get into the upstairs spare bedroom, surrounded by the trash can and the cat... and it went downhill from there. Spent the rest of the day in bed, awaiting the arrival of my father for the holidays.
Spent the night in the spare room, to avoid getting Steven sick.
Christmas Eve, 6:30 p.m., I arrive at church and Steven informs me that he's not feeling too swift... the bug has joined him for Christmas.
Service begins, he ducks out a few times during the hymns... and upon the hymn after the sermon, he does not return. A lay leader takes over, and I duck out to check on him. Find him extremely under the weather... he returns to service, in time to give the dismissal...
He's immediately in bed, before 9:00 p.m. and we're just awaiting to see his condition on Christmas morning, as we are scheduled for a 10:00 a.m. service. Thank goodness it's not a huge crowd that will await him...
Steph should be leaving Cheyenne shortly, to join us... 5 hours is the best timing she can make w/o any stops and clear roads... it's cold, the snow is still on the ground, but it's several days old at this point.
I'm awake because I'm not sure I've completely kicked the flu and I couldn't sleep... thought I'd check in...
We do wish each person and family a very Merry Christmas. God continues to bless our lives and we hope he shines in each of yours.

No comments: